People who were born in different cultures, religions and races worship a coconut as one of the healthiest products and medicines. For many thousand years it has been used in tropical folk medicine. Coconut water is used for treatment of many diseases, among which are asthma, alopecia, abscesses, bronchitis, bruises, colds, constipation, swelling, cough, dysentery, fever, flu, gingivitis, irregular and painful milf, jaundice, kidney stones, typhoid fever, ulcers, indigestion, weakness, and wounds.
In modern medicine, coconut water is also appreciated as a very effective ingredient. Modern medical science now proves the use of coconuts in the treatment of many of the conditions listed above. Published studies write about health benefits coconut water. Thus coconut water:
- Kills viruses, which cause flu, herpes, measles, hepatitis C virus, AIDS and other diseases.
- Kills yeast and fungi, which cause thrush, diaper rash, candidiasis and other infections.
- Fights the bacteria causing ulcers, urinary tract infections, throat infections, gum disease and of the oral cavity, pneumonia, gonorrhoea, and other diseases.
- Expels or kills worms, lice and other parasites.
- Contains a nutritious source of quick energy.
- Increases energy and stamina.
- Improves the digestion
- Improves the absorption of other nutrients.
- Improves the secretion of insulin.
- Relieves stress on the pancreas.
- Helps to relieve symptoms and reduce the health risks of diabetes.
- Improves the absorption of magnesium and calcium and keeps bones and teeth strong.
- Helps relieve symptoms of the diseases of the gall bladder.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Accelerates the healing of the tissue.
- Supports the immune system.
Coconut water is a tonic and absolutely natural energy drink which contains potassium and chloride sodium, acting in hot weather like electrolytes. This isotonic natural drink has the same level of electrolytes as human blood does, so it is good for getting rid of excess weight and increasing metabolism.
Therefore, coconut water is incredibly useful for athletes. In the energy synthetic drinks, as a rule, artificial flavours and sugar are added, while coconut water has only natural aroma and sugar.