One of the most popular among exotic fruit on the market is coconut. Our market is filled with byproducts of this tropical plant. Their popularity is connected with a beneficial effect they have for the human body. The beneficial properties of coconuts were known many centuries ago.
Nowadays new products from coconuts appear all over the world. One of them is coconut flour which has become a healthy substitution for traditional flours. Its high popularity can be explained by numerous benefits of this tropical product. Coconut flour is produced from the flesh of this fruit which is dried into a powder, that’s why it is considered an ecological product. It looks like other flours but it has a large priority over them. The first of its benefits is the absence of gluten in its content.
This product is also valued for a large amount of protein. Thus, coconut flour is recommended for people why are allergic to wheat products or gluten. This tropical product is a rich source of fibre. It includes 61 per cent of fibre, which promotes weight loss. People following carbonate diet are sure to appreciate coconut flour. Moreover, it can be used for baking. The common mistake which people often make baking with this tropical flour is an equal substitution for other flours at ratio 1:1. Never do it. You will need much less coconut flour since it is extraordinarily absorbent. For instance, you will need 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of this tropical product to substitute for 1 cup wheat flour.
Another important tip is to increase the number of eggs. One cup of flour from coconuts requires six beaten eggs and one cup of liquid. Baking you’d better use established recipes and not waste time on experimentation. This exotic product is rather clumpy. It should be carefully beaten with all other components to produce a fine-textured result. This product has a dense and dry consistency. Make sure you’re using enough eggs to reduce dryness. It is also advisable to add fruit or vegetables to your recipe to increase the moisture.
One muffin consists of:
- protein -7.5 gr
- fat – 6,17 gr.
- carbs – 0,83 g.
- Fibre-5 grams!
Of course, this dessert is just perfect for cutting down on carbohydrates and sugars, when you really need to burn fats, but not to feel hungry, is protein and healthy fats will saturate the body.
Here are the ingredients you need for cooking:
– 2 eggs
– 3 egg whites from large eggs.
– coconut flour (100% natural, without impurities)-50 grams.
– coconut oil grams (melt in the microwave for 30 sec.)
– baking mixture(soda)- 1 teaspoon.
– cottage cheese 5%-100 g.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C
- Beat 3 egg whites until you get thick foam.
- Beat 2 eggs until you get thick foam.
- 2 whipped eggs should be mix with cottage cheese, flour, and baking mixture, all are mixed gently. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Add coconut oil. The mixture turns out quite loose, so as coconut flour due to a large number of fibre rapidly absorbed all the liquid.
- Put the mixture in the moulds (66 grams in every form). The dough is gently squeezed in the form. Bake on the average level of an oven for 25 minutes.
- The muffins are unusual! The smell is amazing!